We're excited to announce that map and address-related searches on DuckDuckGo for mobile and desktop are now powered by Apple's MapKit JS framework, giving you a valuable combination of mapping and privacy. As one of the first global companies using Apple MapKit JS, we can now offer users improved address searches, additional visual features, enhanced satellite imagery, and continually updated maps already in use on billions of Apple devices worldwide.
With this updated integration, Apple Maps are now available both embedded within our private search results for relevant queries, as well as available from the "Maps" tab on any search result page. Let's see it in action…
- With the example query pizza in Cupertino, the map appears as a module within the search results.
- Clicking on the map image opens an expanded map.
- Clicking an item on the sidebar highlights that location, for you to zoom into.
Try it out with one of the many different ways you can search for places on DuckDuckGo:
- Search for an address
- Search for a geographical place
- Search for a local business
- Search for a type of business
- Search for places nearby
We’re excited to work closely with Apple to set a new standard of trust online, and we hope you'll enjoy this update. We also welcome your feedback, which can be sent via the "Send feedback" button at the bottom of search results.